HiWAAY: Information/Internet Services
Co-location Moving In Guide
- Questions or scheduling during business hours:
Huntsville: (888) 244-9229 x 580
Birmingham: (888) 231-6852 or (205) 879-9115
- Emergencies outside of business hours: (888) 244-9229 x 580
Standard Co-location Features
- One PS/2 KVM connection per server.
- HiWAAY provides one NEMA 5-15R or L5-15R, 120 Volt outlet per customer. Full rack customers are provided a 20 Amp connection.
Other customers are allowed up to one Amp per rack unit.
- 10/100Mbps physical Ethernet connection to the Internet is provided as required. We recommend you supply your own Ethernet switch
if you have multiple pieces of equipment. Note: your Ethernet switch mounted in the rack will also take up space and a power outlet, so you should allow for this in your planning.
- Public IP addresses justified per ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers) guidelines.
- Installation in a standard 19-inch equipment rack. There are 22 to 28 inches between the HiWAAY front and rear rack mounting points. Your front or rear (or both) mounting points must be adjustable to fit the HiWAAY rack mounting rails.
- HiWAAY will attempt to keep each customer's equipment physically together. However, your equipment's space requirements may
prevent us from mounting multiple servers together. Additional Ethernet cabling will be provided by HiWAAY between equipment in
separate racks if needed for private nets.
Extra Cost Options
- Shelf mounting (adds 1U of cost).
- Added cabling for external connections including telephone or video cable connections.
- Remote controlled AC power outlet.
- Added electrical current over the allowed limits.
- Firewall, Ethernet switches, extra power strips.
- HiWAAY labor for any work beyond that included in the product features above. This must be coordinated and agreed upon in advance
of the installation.
- Please provide the dimensions of your equipment prior to bringing or shipping it to our NOC.
- Schedule installation of your equipment at least one business day in advance.
- Installation should be completed during normal business hours.
- You are responsible for providing rack mounting hardware for your equipment. If your equipment does not have rack mounting
hardware then it will require a rack shelf. This extra cost option must be ordered in advance of your installation.
- HiWAAY will determine where your equipment will be installed. We will provide IP addressing information, Ethernet access, PS/2 KVM
and a power outlet. You are responsible for providing anything else required for your installation. For an additional fee, HiWAAY will be
happy to provide solutions for your extra requirements. Please contact us well in advance of your installation so we can help.
- HiWAAY personnel will help you physically install your equipment in our rack and will run Ethernet, KVM and power. Your equipment will
be initially operated through a power meter to determine its actual power requirements and then restarted without the meter for the
final production configuration.
- HiWAAY personnel are unable to assist you in configuring your equipment. Our Network Services staff provides many levels of paid
support for configuring, troubleshooting or maintaining your equipment.
- Access is limited to personnel that you designate in advance and in writing that are allowed to have access to your equipment.
- All access is escorted. In all cases, your personnel must notify us when they are actually en route to ensure we meet them with no delays.
- Business day access must be scheduled at least one hour prior to when access is needed.
- Non-emergency access outside of business hours must be pre-scheduled at least one business day in advance.
- Emergency access outside of business hours will require up to two hours of notice depending on circumstances.
- HiWAAY personnel are only able to assist with problems that involve our network. Our Network Services staff provides many levels of
paid support for configuring, troubleshooting or maintaining your equipment.
- No food, drink or smoking is ever allowed in a HiWAAY NOC.
- Equipment brought to the NOC must be pre-configured and ready to plug into the network. Please contact us if you need provisioning
information, such as IP addresses, PRIOR to arriving at the NOC to avoid any delays in installing your equipment.
- No workshop or storage space is included in the co-lo service. If you have several hours of work to do on your equipment, we recommend
you take it to your private facility to work on it.
- Information contained in this document does not replace, supersede, or in any way contradict HiWAAY's Terms and Conditions or any
Service Agreements pertaining to Co-location services.